Veterans Affairs Committee
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Thursday of each month
- Hope Mills Recreation Center
- Jim Morris - Secretary
- Jennifer Blair
- Sean Frederick
- Ronald Maury
- Lewis Oatman -Chair
- Robert Cooksey
- Ronald Starling
- VFW Liaison - Douglas J. Willis
- American Legion Liaison- John A. Cook
- Commission Liaison -Joanne Scarola
- Town Liaison - Meghan Hawkins
The Hope Mills Veterans Affairs Commission advises the Board of Commissioners on matters of importance to Veterans in our City. As such, the Commission provides recommendations on programs, policies, and practices designed to assist Veterans, acts as a central clearinghouse for information, programs and services relating to Veterans and celebrates and honors the achievements of Veterans in Hope Mills.
Goal 1: Economic Development.
Increase Veteran employment by advising the Board of Commissioners on ways to increase transitional employment opportunities, patronage of Veteran-owned businesses, and private business ownership for Veterans.
Goal 2: Awareness and Recognition
Increase awareness and recognition of all Hope Mills Veterans, service members and their families by advising the Board of Commissioners on ways to regularly celebrate and recognize our Veterans.
Goal 3: Information, Resources and Social Support
Serve as a clearinghouse for information pertaining to resources, services and social support available to Veterans in the Hope Mills area, in collaboration with the City and by advising the Board of Commissioners.
Goal 4: Underrepresented Groups
Identify and raise awareness of underrepresented Veteran populations by advising the Board of Commissioners about groups that may not identify as Veterans and therefore may not seek assistance.
Vision / Core Values
Serving Hope Mills Veterans with Pride, Professionalism, Respect, Integrity with Accountability, Diversity, and Excellent service.
Veterans Affairs Minutes
- Veteran Affairs April 25 Meeting Minutes
- Veteran Affairs March 28, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Veteran Affairs.Feb 14,2019 Minutes
- Veteran Affairs.Jan24, 2019 Minutes
- Veteran Affairs Meeting Minutes June 27, 2019
- Veterans Affairs Committee July 25, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Veterans Affairs Committee Aug 12, 2019 Special Meeting Minutes
- 2020 Memorial Marker Form
- IRS Form 13614-C - Intake Interview and Quality Review Sheet
- VITA Program Flyer Feb2021
- Jan 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Minutes_OCT 2020
- January 2021 Meeting Minutes
- April 2021 Meeting Minutes
- May 2021 Meeting Minutes