Garbage Curbside Collection
HOLIDAY YARD WASTE COLLECTION UPDATE
LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
There will be No Yard Waste collection on Monday September 4th 2017. Services will roll forward and be one day behind.
Normal collection of Trash and Recycling containers for Waste Management will occur, please have your trash and recycling containers out for pickup..
If you have any questions, please call the Town of Hope Mills Public Works Office at 910-429-3387.
Cans Available While Supplies Last
The price of these cans is $5 each.
These cans are used cans with either missing lids, damaged lids, or small cracks on the body of the can. These cans are still safe to be utilized for yard waste pickup and are the only authorized style of can utilized for yard waste pickup. They can be lifted with the mechanical lift sanitation trucks are equipped with.
We have attempted to reach everyone that was on the wait list, if you were unable to get your can when we called please go ahead and get one now. We highly encourage all town residents to get one of these containers as it simplifies yard waste collection both for the resident and staff collecting yard waste. If you have any questions please call 910-429-3380 or 910-429-3384. Thank you.
Requirements for Pickup
- Yard waste must be containerized. NO BAGGED YARD WASTE.
- Mulch can be picked up with yard waste but must not be mixed with any rocks, and must also be in a yard waste container.
- Any yard waste mixed with regular refuse will not get picked until refuse is removed. This is a Cumberland County Landfill rule and the town can get fined for not complying.
- Piles of limbs must be of a size 5' (feet) X 5' (feet) x 3' (feet) or less for weekly pickup at no additional charge. Any piles exceeding this limit but less than a full load are considered charge piles at a fee of $17.50 per pickup.
- If the size of the pile is 10' X 10' X 5' or more it will be considered a full load with a fee of $35 per unit. (One full load unit equals a pile that is 10' X 10' X 5').
We all know that during the fall season more vegetative debris accumulates. There is a drop-off site by Camden Road which has a container where residents can drop off excess vegetative debris at no additional cost.