Outdoor Soccer is full for 6U, 8U, 10U & 12U. You may register on the waiting list here. Those on a waiting list have no guarantee of playing. If any spots become available, potential players will be called in order of waiting list.
Due to low registrations, football, fall baseball, cheerleading, indoor volleyball & 13/14 outdoor soccer have been canceled for fall 2020.
COVID-19 & Fall Outdoor Soccer:
Here are the measures that will be taken to encourage social distancing & sanitation protocols for the playing areas throughout the season. CDC guidelines for youth sports, along with some additional measures per the HMPR Athletic Department, will be followed.
- We will only play against Hope Mills teams because playing against teams from other geographic locations increase the risk of COVID-19 exposer. We will not travel outside of Hope Mills & will not have teams from other locations at our fields.
- All parent & spectators will be required to remain outside of the playing fields. Playing fields will be limited to players, coaches, fields supervisors & officials.
- There will be hand washing stations located at the entrance & exits of playing fields; all players & coaches will be required to wash their hands before & after games.
- We will supply extra benches so players can spread out while they are not playing.
- We will supply hand sanitizer on each playing field, as well as sanitizer wipes for equipment.
- All coaches & field supervisors will be required to wear a mask. It will not be mandatory for youth players to wear a mask, however, this is up to the discretion of the parent/guardian.
- There will be no unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- All coaches will be given these guidelines that they must follow during practices & games.
Hope Mills Parks & Recreation is looking forward to this upcoming season. We take pride that we will be one of the only Parks & Recreation Departments in the area to take these measures to provide as safe a season as possible.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Interested in coaching but do not know how to get started? It is easy and quick! Just follow these steps:
- Pick up coaches application and background check form at the Hope Mills Recreation Center or print here, Coaches Application and Background Check Form.
- Fill out and return as soon as possible.
- All sports registration will end at 4:00 p.m. on the last day.
- Beginning Monday after registration you may call the recreation center to have your child placed on the waiting list.
- Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that your child will be moved off the waiting list.
- The waiting list will be called, if additional players are needed to fill out rosters.
Youth sports registration requires a birth certificate and a proof of address, like a utility bill. The sports registration fee is $30 for Hope Mills residents and $40 for non-residents. Fees are non-refundable.
Register Monday - Friday, 8:30am-7;30pm and Saturday, 9:30am-4:00pm.