Hope Mills Lake
Please note: Boat Permits will not be required until July 1, 2021.
Swimming at the lake runs Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend.
All boats, motorized and non-motorized must have a valid permit issued by the Town of Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Department. Boat Permits must be completed in-house at the Hope Mills Recreation Center (5770 Rockfish Road Hope Mills, NC 28348) during normal business hours, and are not available for online registration.
REQUIRED: Please make sure to bring a copy of a valid state watercraft registration and copy of insurance certificate showing liability coverage (if motorized)
HOPE MILLS LAKE IS A NO WAKE LAKE
Annual Boat Permit Duration: April 1 – March 31
- Monday - Saturday: Sunrise to 30 minutes prior to sunset
- Sunday: 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm
No boat in excess of 26 feet in length shall be allowed on Hope Mills Lake, only Class A and Class 1 boats are authorized. Personal Water Craft (PWC) are not authorized for use on Hope Mills Lake AND ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Residents (Town Residents may operate a NON-MOTOR BOAT on Hope Mills Lake without a permit)
Daily - $5
Yearly - $50
Non-Residents (Motorized and Non-motorized Boat Fees)
Daily - $10
Yearly - $100
All permit fees are non-refundable.
- Permit must be displayed on the starboard side of the registered boat at all times during its operation on Hope Mills Lake.
- Non-resident permits may be limited in number at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department with input from Town Staff to prevent over-crowding.
- The Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to deny any request for a permit, and reserves the right to revoke any permit at any time when not abiding by established policies, rules and regulations governing the use of Hope Mills Lake.
- Boats shall be launched and loaded only in areas designated for launching and loading, do not leave boat unattended.
- Do not operate boat within 50’ of dam.
- NO WATER SKIING
- NO RACING
- NO WAKE
- NO ALCOHOL
For more information, please visit the Town of Hope Mills Lake Ordinance
For further questions, please contact the Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Main office at (910) 426-4109