Do you want to help the Town reduce flooding and stormwater pollution? Do you want to join volunteers across the Town who are helping to care for our 3000+ storm drains, a critical part of our utility infrastructure?
If so, you can apply to adopt a drain and, in exchange for your care, you will receive a free storm drain cleanup kit!
Check out which drains have been adopted in your neighborhood! Go here!
Here's how it works:
- You let us know what drain you want to adopt.
- If the drain is a part of the public stormwater system and has not already been adopted, we will assign it to you.
- We will give you free storm drain clean up kit.
- You agree to simply keep the debris off your adopted drain. Check it frequently, especially after storms.
By joining the Adopt-A-Drain Program you help:
- Prevent localized flooding in your neighborhood by keeping drains free of debris.
- Protect fish and other wildlife by keeping pollutants from entering streams, lakes and creeks.
- Assist Town staff and crews in maintaining the Town's thousands of storm drains.
Examples of Drains:
If you would like to join the Town in its Adopt-A-Drain program, complete the application and waiver found above and return it to:
If you have questions regarding this program, contact Beth Brown with the Stormwater Department at (910) 424-4555 ext 3516.
Help us keep our waters clean!