Do you want to help the town reduce flooding and stormwater pollution? Do you want to join volunteers across the town who are helping to care for our 3000+ storm drains, a critical part of our utility infrastructure?
If so, you can apply to adopt a drain and, in exchange for your care, you will receive a free storm drain cleanup kit!
How the Program Works
Here's how it works:
- You let us know what drain you want to adopt.
- If the drain is a part of the public stormwater system and has not already been adopted, we will assign it to you.
- We will give you free storm drain clean up kit.
- You agree to simply keep the debris off your adopted drain. Check it frequently, especially after storms.
Protect the Town from Floods & Water Pollution
By joining the Adopt-A-Drain Program you help:
- Prevent localized flooding in your neighborhood by keeping drains free of debris.
- Protect fish and other wildlife by keeping pollutants from entering streams, lakes and creeks.
- Assist Town staff and crews in maintaining the Town's thousands of storm drains.
How to Adopt a Drain in Your Neighborhood
Complete the application (PDF) and waiver (PDF) and return to:
Town of Hope Mills
5770 Rockfish Road
Hope Mills, NC 28348
If you have questions regarding this program, contact Beth Brown by email with the Stormwater Department, or call 910-424-4555 ext. 3516. Help us keep our waters clean!