Hope Mills Lake
Please note: Boat Permits will not be required until July 1, 2021.
Swimming at the lake runs Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend.
All boats, motorized and non-motorized must have a valid permit issued by the Town of Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Department. Boat Permits must be completed in-house at the Hope Mills Recreation Center (5770 Rockfish Road Hope Mills, NC 28348) during normal business hours, and are not available for online registration.
REQUIRED: Please make sure to bring a copy of a valid state watercraft registration and copy of insurance certificate showing liability coverage (if motorized)
HOPE MILLS LAKE IS A NO WAKE LAKE
Annual Boat Permit Duration: April 1 – March 31
- Monday - Saturday: Sunrise to 30 minutes prior to sunset
- Sunday: 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm
No boat in excess of 26 feet in length shall be allowed on Hope Mills Lake, only Class A and Class 1 boats are authorized. Personal Water Craft (PWC) are not authorized for use on Hope Mills Lake AND ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Permits are required for all motorized boats and other vessels used on the lake. Fees listed below apply only to motorized boats. Although no fee, permits are required for all non-motorized vessels (i.e. canoes, kayaks, etc.).
Residents (motorized boats only)
Daily - $5
Yearly - $50
Non-Residents (motorized boats only)
Daily - $10
Yearly - $100
All permit fees are non-refundable.
- Permit must be displayed on the starboard side of the registered boat at all times during its operation on Hope Mills Lake.
- Non-resident permits may be limited in number at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department with input from Town Staff to prevent over-crowding.
- The Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to deny any request for a permit, and reserves the right to revoke any permit at any time when not abiding by established policies, rules and regulations governing the use of Hope Mills Lake.
- Boats shall be launched and loaded only in areas designated for launching and loading, do not leave boat unattended.
- Do not operate boat within 50’ of dam.
- NO WATER SKIING
- NO RACING
- NO WAKE
- NO ALCOHOL
For more information, please visit the Town of Hope Mills Lake Ordinance.
For further questions, please contact the Hope Mills Parks & Recreation Main office at (910) 426-4109.